Ladies, never know what nail polish you want to use for your nails? Well, you can use all of them if you know how to tie-dye or marble your nails. Recently, I discovered from one of my friends that you could do this without spending a lot of money. Here's how:
What you need:
* If the water gets cold while doing this, switch out the old water for new water.
**If you have decided to use oil, place it all around your nail and if you have long nails, under it too.
1. Place desired colors into water in small drops. Be cautious of using bigger drops of polish because the color will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
2. Take toothpick and swirl the colors in any motion to mix them, or in a design that you prefer.
3. Dip your finger in to the color; make sure that your finger is flat and push it down into water.
4. Before you remove your nail, use the toothpick to remove the surrounding color to prevent overlay of other colors. However, you don’t have to do this depending on how many colors you have.
5. Take your nail out of the water and let it dry. Repeat process on clean nails. Finished product below.
When you are finished, your hands will be messy. Use the nail polish remover to remove the extra polish, and if you have applied the oil before marbling then this process will be easier.
During this process that polish can become “string”, which is the colors mixing and hardening. It can look like this (left).
If you want to watch a video tutorial to see how the process is done you can go to YouTube and search tie-dye nails, or you can go here.
Colors Used: Sinful Colors Professional Tapping Nails (288), Sally Hanson’s Xtreme Blue Me Away! (130) and Gunmetal (22)blog comments powered by Disqus