I Spent Money Unnecessarily On Amazon; Here’s What You Need To Know

Here are some of the things I’ve purchased on Amazon during quarantine. Keep reading to find out if they were worth it or if it was a major flop.

TCHH-DayUp Waterproof Zipper Tote Bag – $28.99

This bag is a great dupe for the Longchamp Le Pliage Shoulder Bag S. The Longchamp bag is retailed at $125, which is an absurd amount of money to spend on a bag. This dupe is the same size, great quality and can carry everything you need. The medium-sized bag comfortably fits my 13 inch Macbook, planner, several notebooks, chargers and regular essentials like chapstick and hand sanitizer. 

The Amazon version is priced at $28.99, with 10 color options and three different sizes, while the Longchamp comes in one size and only five color options. This is definitely a great way to save money while still carrying your items in style.

Amicool Blackhead Remover Vacuum – $35.99

I’m still debating on whether or not I like this product, I’m leaning toward a flop. It has five different suction heads, three suction levels and is rechargeable. The product is great in terms of doing what it says it will, but there are some laughable side effects. When you use it, be prepared to stay inside for at least three days, unless you’re comfortable leaving the house with marks that resemble hickies all over your face. Yes, the suction is that powerful. Quarantine was the best time to test out this product since we’re all at home. I would say this product is good, but proceed with caution.

Luckycivia Spill-proof Finger Covers – $11.99

If you’re looking to point fingers at the worst person to paint nails, look no further. 90% of the time I paint my nails, there ends up being more on my fingers than my actual nails. These are the perfect solution. Just find the one that fits your finger, pop it on, and it covers the skin around your nails so no nail polish gets on them. I would definitely recommend buying these if you’re like me and can’t be trusted with nail polish alone.

Comeon Casual Lapel Fleece Coat – $29.99

Not so much of a product review, but Amazon is full of amazing dupes and this jacket is no exclusion. It’s perfect for when you have to go to class but don’t want to leave your blanket at home. This jacket goes with everything and can make any outfit in your closet look boujee. It’s probably common sense but don’t wear it when it’s supposed to rain, you’ll go from boujee to wet dog in a second.

Mimoeye Blue Light Blocking Glasses – $11.99

If you don’t have a pair of these by now, I’m not really sure what cave you’re hiding in. Blue-light glasses are an essential to anyone who’s constantly hunched over a computer. My eyes are sensitive to light without the influence of a computer screen so it’s tenfold on my eyes when I am on a computer. I’ve tried out many different pairs of blue-light glasses but these are definitely the best.

Kootek Camping Hammock – $18.99

I’ve always wanted a hammock. No matter where I am, I’ve always met at least one person who has one. This is going to be great for when my friends and I go to the state park and hammock next to the beach. However, this definitely could’ve waited because my mom reminded me we don’t have two trees close enough together in the backyard. That didn’t stop me from attaching it to the two couches in the living room just to prove her wrong. I definitely recommend this hammock.

Thank you to those of you who have followed my blogs throughout the semester. I love writing for The Burr and can’t wait to return with more blog posts next semester. If you have any post suggestions feel free to reach out. I love all ideas!

You can reach Kaitlyn on Instagram and Twitter @kaitlynfinchler and by email at [email protected].

Featured image by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels