New Release: Morgan Paros Takes Off Her Rose Colored Glasses In New Single

Photo Credit: Anna Lee

What is love? Does love have one meaning? Is it when you feel this constant magnetic pull towards someone? Or Is it when you are so enamored by someone that you would do anything for them?

Morgan Paros’ new single “What Love Is” is striking and honest in its lyrics and reevaluates the meaning of love through a whimsical and electric beat.

Paros released her fourth single on Friday, Sept. 22. Paros is an up-and-coming recording artist and multi-instrumentalist based in Los Angeles, and is also pop artist Ashe’s bandmate.

The song was produced by Grammy award-winning producer and engineer Jeremy Hatcher, the producer behind the Grammy award-winning album of the year “Harry’s House” and has worked with artists such as Lizzo and Maggie Rodgers.

The track begins with Paros contemplating her divorce and trying to reason with her decisions about her relationship. She sings, “I cling to my optimism even though it’s leading me to madness.”

You can feel Paros’ mind process through the relationship, you can hear the optimism at the beginning as if she is floating around the ideas of what ifs. “If I could find a boyfriend in him, maybe he would give what I give.”

But after two verses of what-ifs, she finally arrives at a resolution to all of her tumultuous carousel of wondering singing, “I couldn’t make a man out of you. You never gave a damn about me too. It took way too long for me to move on. I finally realize this time what love is, and what it isn’t.”

In contrast to her other singles, this song seems brighter in rhythm but still holds the heavy lyrics that her other songs tend to feature.

“There I Go Again”, her single that was released in July, is full of dramatic, yet smooth vocals and lyrics about childhood memories like scrapping your knees as you fall off a bike and the smell of the break room at her mom’s workplace. The overall theme of the song focuses on being stuck reminiscing on childhood memories as you navigate through your adult life. She sings, “There I go again, inside my head. Caught between my memories and the life that’s happened since.”

While Paros is new to releasing music of her own, I am optimistic that she has a bright future ahead, especially if she continues exploring new lyrical tricks and adventuring along different sounds.

“What Love Is” is available on all streaming platforms. You can find Paros at @morganparos on Instagram.